It seems like only yesterday we were sitting down to write our pun-tastic 2018 Christmas wrap. I guess it’s true what they say — time flies when you’re busy.
But before we all go racing together into what will undoubtedly be an epic 2020, we wanted to take a few moments to look back at some product highlights from this year.
🎄 Leave Management and Unavailability
Did you know December 27 is the most requested day for annual leave? Trying to manage annual leave requests across the festive season can be overwhelming for even the most experienced of managers.
To make the process easier for managers and their team, we made a number of updates to simplify how your team manages leave and unavailability in Deputy – here’s why Yule love it:
- Partial-day unavailability and leave allows managers to capture multiple shift events in a single day. As a basic example, if an employee needs to take the afternoon off, you’re now able to schedule them in the morning and capture the leave timesheet for the afternoon.
- To improve reporting accuracy with leave, we added the ability to export unpaid leave timesheets as a CSV file.
- Last but not least, we made some big improvements to add more flexibility and simplify how employees add and manage their unavailability. Previously, employees had to add unavailability on a day-by-day basis. Now your employees can add date ranges of unavailability — and even set to repeat.
When it comes to managing the holidays, we’ve got you covered.
✨ Mobile magic
When you’re running a business, it’s important to make smart, quick decisions on the go. That’s why this year we focused on making sure our mobile apps can help you tick off all those little tasks that shouldn’t have to wait until you can get to a computer.
- Shift swap approval on mobile makes it quick and easy for managers to approve schedule changes and swap requests on the go. Less time on the computer, more time with customers? You got it.
- The newly-minted magic buttons help your team quickly identify the little, yet important tasks that need doing. When you see the purple button, there’s a job to be done – like filling empty shifts or approving timesheets, so keep an eye out for these floating little wonders.
- Leave Approval on iOS makes approving simple leave requests on the go a breeze for our Apple users. To our Android users — hold tight, it’s coming soon.
- We gave our Add Shift experience on Android a complete makeover, with more information at your fingertips and new smart suggestions. Now you can effortlessly add those ad hoc shifts when you’re away from the computer.
- Employees got a neat update for managing their leave balance too! Now they can see pending leave requests and balances, as well as any leave approvals and balances looking into the future.
❄️ Android Time Clock
Our iPad Kiosk app has been one of the hottest Deputy products for customers all around the world. For those Android fans, or businesses looking for a cheaper alternative to track time and attendance on-site, we’ve introduced Time Clock for Android! The Android Time Clock app allows you to turn any tablet into an on-site time clock so your team has more flexibility on how they clock in to their shift.
🦌 Single Sign On
This release for our eager Enterprise customers saw their teams stag-leaping into Deputy using our new and improved Single Sign On (SSO).
Whether using apps or the web, employees can seamlessly log in to Deputy using your company credentials. No more lost passwords, plus, SSO means greater security for your business. Wins all around!
🎅 Behind the scenes magic
You know how you never actually see Santa, but you just know he’s been?
Well I’m not trying to say we’re as fun as Santa, but we’ve certainly been busy with some invisible — yet exciting — improvements to deliver a faster, more delightful Deputy experience.
This will benefit customers of all sizes, but if you’re one of our Enterprise customers you’ve no doubt already felt the difference. To rattle of some quick stats for the number crunchers among us:
- News feed now loads 5 times faster — and uses 90% less data
- Logging in is now 2.5 times faster — and uses 80% less data
- Loading the People tab is now 60 times faster
- Schedule now loads 6 times faster
Deputy, but make it fast 😎🏎️
📜 Oh com-(all ye)-pliance
While compliance isn’t always exciting to talk about, it is such an important part of ensuring your employees are well treated and your business remains in good health.
It’s been a year of constant change across the globe, with Fair WorkWeek starting to emerge in the United States, the Good Work Plan warming up in the UK, and wage theft taking a front seat in Australian media. It’s more important than ever to all of us at Deputy that we’re designing our product to support you in navigating the labor laws for your business.
In 2019, we made 14 new industry awards in Australia. In the US, we partnered with the legal team at Seyfarth-Shaw to run our first Fair Workweek event in New York City. And in the UK, we ran an inspiring event with Matthew Taylor, the initiator of the Good Work Plan in the UK, to ensure that Deputy has a voice in influencing changes to current labor laws in favor of UK businesses and their employees.
Looking towards 2020, supporting our Deputy customers in running a compliant, successful business will continue to be one of our top priorities. Stay tuned for updates!
🎀 And our final GIF to you
From the team that brings you all the latest and greatest product news throughout the year, that’s a wrap! We can’t wait to bring in the New Year with all our customers around the world.
The information contained in this article is general in nature and you should consider whether the information is appropriate to your needs. Legal and other matters referred to in this article are of a general nature only and are based on Deputy's interpretation of laws existing at the time and should not be relied on in place of professional advice. Deputy is not responsible for the content of any site owned by a third party that may be linked to this article and no warranty is made by us concerning the suitability, accuracy or timeliness of the content of any site that may be linked to this article. Deputy disclaims all liability (except for any liability which by law cannot be excluded) for any error, inaccuracy, or omission from the information contained in this article and any loss or damage suffered by any person directly or indirectly through relying on this information.