Every now and then, we get requests from our customers to do something specific that probably doesn’t fit our overall product vision. Many companies has a philosophy of saying “we don’t do it” or “try this other add-on”or “get it working with zapier” etc.. Because if we all say yes to everything, our product could end up looking rather scary!
Which is why we’ve created Deputy’s “extension lab”. Full of automatic actions that can be quickly and easily enabled. Each one has been developed to solve a particular pain point for a customer and they’re being used successfully by businesses today.
Here’s a list of our hidden features and how can they help you:
- New employee – Add to all locations: When you add a new employee to Deputy, this feature automatically adds them to every location as well. Perfect for companies with multiple locations such as construction businesses and mobile services
- Birthday today – Send Notification: With this feature a notification will be sent to the manager or the whole team via the Newsfeed when it’s someone’s birthday. It’s a great way to boost morale in the workplace. (Pro Tip: Use this feature to remind yourself of an upcoming pay rate change.
- Late to clock off – Send notification: When an employee forgets to clock off at the end of their scheduled shift, they will receive a notification on their smartphone or desktop browser reminding them to do so. This feature helps cut down on employee overtime and creates more accurate timesheets.
- Late to clock on > Send Notification: Sometimes employees are late to work, or forget to clock in for their shift. Not anymore! This feature will send a notification to employees reminding them that their shift is about to start. It’s a great way to encourage punctuality.
- Clocking far way from location – Alert Manager: Do your employees clock in and out using their smartphones? With this feature, managers are informed via push notification when an employee starts their shift outside the workplace. Ensuring employees are only paid for the hours they’re on site working.
- Un-filled Open Shift – Send Notification: Open Shift is a fantastic feature that allows managers to offer shifts out to available and properly trained employees. These shifts are then claimed by employees who are eager to work. If a shift is left unassigned the manager receives a notification, there’s no need for them keep checking the schedule, they can be confident upcoming shifts are covered.
- New Deputy record – Webhook Call: One for the closet nerds: This feature picks up new information in Deputy and sends a call to your chosen URL. For more information take a look at our API documentation.
- Forgotten Timesheet – Send Notification: This is designed for businesses that require employees to submit full timesheets at the end of each day, popular among professional services like accountants. At the end of the day or set time period, Deputy will notify employees to submit their timesheet. This means more reliable records and less time spent on admin.
- New Day – Reset Sales Budget: Deputy forecasts your average sales traffic based on historical data, however if on a particular week you predict a surge in your sales you can manually set your own budget. With this feature you can set your projected budget while not affecting the data that’s recorded. One way to think of this is looking forward at the budget you’ve set while looking back on true recorded data.
- Split Timesheets – Split Timesheet by Roster: This feature is suited to businesses that have employees working across multiple areas or units, such as large hotels with different bars and gaming areas. Instead of having to clock on at each area throughout a shift, employees can clock on once when they begin a shift and again when they finish. Timesheets are automatically divided into the scheduled areas.
- Scheduled Shift – Auto Start: This will automatically start a timesheet if an employee is scheduled to work. Great for businesses that want to pay employees based on scheduled hours that don’t need to record start time down the minute. (Pro Tip: Are you a Deputy partner with a demo account? You can set your employees to automatically start shifts throughout the day for more realistic data. This combined with automatic timesheet approval/rounding can keep your data going!)
The information contained in this article is general in nature and you should consider whether the information is appropriate to your needs. Legal and other matters referred to in this article are of a general nature only and are based on Deputy's interpretation of laws existing at the time and should not be relied on in place of professional advice. Deputy is not responsible for the content of any site owned by a third party that may be linked to this article and no warranty is made by us concerning the suitability, accuracy or timeliness of the content of any site that may be linked to this article. Deputy disclaims all liability (except for any liability which by law cannot be excluded) for any error, inaccuracy, or omission from the information contained in this article and any loss or damage suffered by any person directly or indirectly through relying on this information.